Last updated: May 21st, 2021
Why We Collect Personal Information
The information we collect, use, and disclose is to serve our clients. We need it to:
- Open and update patient files
- Maintain accurate records of services and treatment
- Invoice patients for dental services, process credit card payments, or collect unpaid accounts
- Process claims for payments or reimbursement from third-party health benefit providers and insurance companies
- You refer to the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Docs Dental.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to this website.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to the USA
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
During your use of Our Service, we may ask You to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We may collect one or more of the following types of personally identifiable information:
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, City
- Email Address
- Usage Data
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
To gather and systematically analyze information about the use of Our Service, We utilize cookies and other tracking technologies, including beacons, tags, and scripts, in addition to cookies. Beacons, tags, and scripts are used to collect and track information and to analyze Our Service.
While You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when one is being sent, not accepting cookies may prevent you from using certain features.
Persisting and session cookies are the two types of cookies: persistent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device when you are offline, and session cookies are deleted when you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us-Purpose
- We use these Cookies to provide You with the services available through the Website, and those services would not be available without them. They provide authentication and prevent unauthorized use of user accounts
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us-Purpose
- This cookie indicates whether the user has allowed cookies to be used on the Website.
- Functionality Cookies Administered by: Us-Purpose
- Cookies such as these allow us to remember preferences You set when using the Website, such as remembering Your login information or language preferences. This makes Your experience on the Website more personalized and prevents You from having to re-enter your preferences every time You visit.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies Administered by: Third-PartiesPurpose
- The information collected using these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor to the Website. These cookies track information about traffic to the Website, including how users use it. In addition to the cookies we use to test advertising, pages, features, and new functionality of the Website, we may also use them to identify how users interact with new features. We may use the anonymous information collected for marketing purposes, advertising transparency, and general analysis of our users’ behavior.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Check Google Analytics in the USA for more information:
- Bing Ads Remarketing Bing Ads remarketing service is provided by Microsoft Inc. You can opt-out of Bing Ads interest-based ads by following their instructions:
We have integrated PayPal into our website to accept payments either through PayPal or via debit or credit card.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule
The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
All material changes we make to this Privacy Notice will be posted here. We will notify you by posting an announcement on the site or by other means when a model privacy notice is modified.